West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE Medical)
About WBJEE Medical
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board was formed in 1962 for the purpose of holding Common Entrance Exam for the Undergraduate level Engineering courses in the State of West Bengal.
For 2015-16 the Board conducted the common entrance examination for Medical, Dental, Engineering & technology, Pharmacy and Architecture in Universities, Govt. Colleges & Self-financed Institutes in the State.
List of Colleges offering MBBS / BDS through this entrance exam is as follows:
1. Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata.
2. N.R.S. Medical College, Kolkata.
3. R.G.Kar Medical College, Kolkata.
4. Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata.
5. Bankura Sammilani Medical College, Bankura.
6. Burdwan Medical College, Burdwan.
7. North Bengal Medical College, Darjeeling.
8. I.P.G.M.E.R, Kolkata.
9. Midnapur Medical College, Paschim Medinpur.
10. Maldah Medical College, Maldah.
11. Murshidabad Medical College & Hospital.
12. College of Medicine & sagar Dutta Hospital, Kolkata.
13. ESI PGIMSR, Joka, Kolkata.
14. College of Medicine & J.N. Memorial Hospital, Kalyani, Nadia.
15. K.P.C. Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata.
16. IQ City Medical College & NH Hospital, Durgapur.
17. I care Medical College & Hospital, haldia.
18. Dr. R. Ahmad Dental College, Kolkata.
19. North Bengal Dental College, Darjeeling.
20. Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Science & Research, Panihati, Kolkata.
21. Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences & research, Haldia, Purba Medinpur.
22. Burdwan Dental College, Burdwan.
There will be 3 different papers – 1 each for Physics, Chemistry & Biology / Biotechnology.
Physics paper will carry 30 questions of 1 mark each and 10 questions of 2 marks each – i.e. total 50 marks.
Chemistry paper will carry 30 questions of 1 mark each and 10 questions of 2 marks each – i.e. total 50 marks.
Biology paper will carry 90 questions of 1 mark each and 30 questions of 2 mark each – i.e. a total of 150 marks.
All questions will be multiple choice type – 4 options and 1 answer to be selected.
There is negative marking. For every incorrect answer 25% (1/4th) of the question’s marks will be deducted.
Each paper will have 50 questions.
Each correct answer carries 2 marks. There is no negative marking.
(a) Candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of his/her admission.
Upper age limit is 25 years and there is a further relaxation of 3 years incase of OBC/SC/St candidates.
(b) Candidates must have studies Physics, chemistry, Biology & English in Class 12th and should have an aggregate of over 60% in PCB.
(c) Candidate should be a permanent resident / domicile of West Bengal.
Please click here to download.
Availability of Application Forms – Middle of January 2016
Last date of Submission – Middle of February 2016
Date of Examination – 3rd week of April 2016
Date of Result – 1st week of June 2016
Not yet released for 2016.
Please click here to download 2015 Information Bulletin.