Uttar Pradesh Combined Medical Entrance Test conducted by UP Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPCMET)
UP Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association is a consortium of unaided Medical Colleges in UP formed under the directions of the Supreme Court judgment in Islamic Academy of Education Vs State of Karnataka.
The Association was registered in 2006 and has the authority to conduct Common Entrance Test for member Medical Colleges.
Candidates secure admission in these member Colleges on the basis of merit list released by the Association.
Here is the list of the member Medical Colleges:
1. Career Institute of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Lucknow.
2. Dr. M.C. Saxena College of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
3. F.H. Medical College, Firozabad.
4. Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi.
5. Hindu Institute of Medical Sciences, Sitapur.
6. Hind Institute of Medical Sciences, Barabanki.
7. K.D. Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Mathura.
8. Major S.D. Singh Medical College & Hospital, Farukkhabad.
9. Mayo Institute of Medical Sciences, Barabanki.
10. Muzaffarnagar Medical College, Muzaffarnagar.
11. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Subharti Medical College, Meerut.
12. Rajshree Medical Research Institute, Bareilly.
13. Rama Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Ghaziabad.
14. Rama Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Kanpur.
15. Rohilkhand Medical College, Bareilly.
16. Saraswathi Institute of Medical Sciences, Ghaziabad.
17. Sharda University School of Medical Sciences & Research, Greater Noida.
18. Shri Ram Murti Smarak Institute of Medical Sciences, Bareilly.
Written Entrance Exam is conducted.
There are 2 papers conducted on the same day (after a gap of 30 minutes) and the students are not allowed to leave the examination hall.
Paper 1 – Section A 50 questions each from Physics & Chemistry.
Section B – questions each from Zoology & Botany.
Paper 2 – General English (qualifying paper) carrying 50 questions.
Duration of Paper 1 is 2.30 hours and for 2nd paper is 30 minutes.
There is negative marking. 1/4th mark is cut for every wrong answer.
(a) Candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of his/her admission.
(b) Candidates must have studies Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology & English in Class 12th and should have an aggregate of over 50% in PCB. (45% in case of OBC/SC/ST category).
(c) Admission is open to all citizens of India.
Please click here to download the recommended syllabus.
Registration / Application Online – 20 October, 2015 onwards.
Last Date for Form submission – 11 May 2016
Date of Exam – 30 May 2016
Publication of Results – by 2nd week of June 2016
Please click here to download the Information Brochure of 2016.