Punjab Medical Entrance Test (Punjab PMET)
About Punjab PMET
This test is conducted by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences and admission to MBBS course is decided based upon the merit list in the following Colleges:
1. Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot.
2. Government Medical College, Amritsar.
3. Government Medical College, Patiala.
4. Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana.
5. Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Science & Research, District Amritsar.
6. Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, District Patiala.
7. Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Jalandhar.*
8. Chintupurni Medical College & Hospital, District Gurdaspur.*
*Permission awaited from Medical Council of India.
One Paper containing 200 Objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany).
Duration = 3 hours.
Each question carries 4 marks.
There will be no negative marking.
(a) Candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of his/her admission.
(b) Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English (General & OBC Category).
For SC/ST & OPH minimum 40% is required for eligibility.
(c) Candidate must be a citizen of India and have a domicile in Punjab.
Availability of Application Forms – April 2016
Last Date of Submission of Forms – 1st week of May 2016
Issuance of Admit Card – May 2016.
Date of Examination – May 2016.
Declaration of Results – May 2016.