Are you looking for a progressive career in pre-hospital emergency medical and acute patient care? Then our Primary Care Paramedics program is designed with you in mind.
BizTech’s paramedic training program teaches front line treatment issues and how to perform critical medical procedures on patients before taking them to hospital for additional medical care.
Paramedic courses and training take place at it’s conveniently located Mississauga campus serving the Toronto, Ontario area.
Placement is guaranteed for all our students, receiving hands-on situation training and supervised by qualified paramedic teams to promote a smooth transition into the field.
Program objectives include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Completing Patient Assessments
- Effective Communication Skills
- Providing Immediate Symptom Relief
- Wounds Management and Drug Administration
- Medical Terminology
- Rescue Procedures
- Human Anatomy
- First Aid & CPR
- Rules and Procedures for the Safe Operation and Maintenance of an Emergency Vehicle
Career Services & Soft Skills
- Interview Skills
This good pay career also allows for flexible work schedules, in a variety of health-care professional fields:
Provincial EMS Team Responder
- Regional EMS Team Responder
- Community Hospitals Primary Medic
- Fire Services Medical Support
- Search and Rescue Medical Services
- Private Medical /Patient Services
- Air/Sea Medical Services
A medical profession or equivalent degree holder (Doctor, Registered Nurse, Dentist, etc.)
Post-secondary degree holder in sciences or High School graduates– (GPA of 3.0 or higher required in high school level Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Calculus), AND Pre-Medical Diploma of BizTech College
- Any of the following English Proficiency results:
A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 80 (internet based with no test below 20) – TOEFL code 9212,
Academic IELTS with an overall minimum score of 6.0 (with no single test score below 5.5).