Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
About MH CET
The Government of Maharashtra conducts this test through The Director, Medical Education & Research (DMER) for admission on merit basis in MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS etc. Government, Aided, Semi-Aided & affiliated Private Colleges in the state of Maharashtra. List of participating Colleges include:
Government / Aided
1. Grant Medical College, Mumbai.
2. L.T. Medical College, Mumbai.
3. G.S. Medical College, Mumbai.
4. T.N. Medical College, Mumbai.
5. B.J. Medical College, Pune.
6. Rajeev Gandhi Medical College, Thane.
7. Dr. V.M. Medical College, Solapur.
8. Govt. Medical College, Miraj.
9. Shree Bhausaheb Hire Govt. Medical College, Dhule.
10. R.C.S.M. Govt. Medical College, Dhule.
11. Indira Gandhi Medical College, Nagpur.
12. Govt. Medical College, Nagpur.
13. Govt. Medical College, Akola.
14. Shri V.N. Govt. Medical College, Yeotmal.
15. Govt. Medical College, Aurangabad.
16. Govt. Medical College, Nanded.
17. S.R.T.R. Medical College, Ambajogai.
18. Govt. Medical College, Latur.
1. K.J. Somaiya Medical College, Mumbai.
2. Mimer;s Medical College, Pune.
3. Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College, Pune.
4. Ashwini Rural Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Solapur.
5. Mims & R Medical College, Latur.
All these 23 Medical Colleges have around 2,400 seats every year.
There is 1 paper for Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) carrying total 180 questions – 60 from each subject.
Examination is Multiple Choice type with 4 options for 1 question.
Each question carries 4 marks. There will be no negative marking.
Duration of exam is 3 hours.
Candidate has an option to give the exam either in English, Marathi or Urdu.
(a) Candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of his/her admission.
(b) Minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology in 12th grade from Goa Board.
In case of SC/ST/OBC candidates they should have secured minimum 40%.
(c) Candidate should HSC & SSC from the State of Maharashtra or should have a domicile of Maharashtra.
Availability of Application Forms – March 2016
Last Date of Submission – March 2016
Issue of Admit Card – April 2016
Date of Examination – May 2016.
Declaration of Results – June 2016.
Information Bulletin for 2016 not yet released.
Please click here to download 2015 Information Brochure.