Zaporozhye State Medical University, Ukraine
Insight into the University1. Founded in 1903, Zaporozhye State Medical University is one of the oldest medical higher institutions of Ukraine.
2. One of the major objectives of the University is to render higher medical education for Bachelorís and Masterís degrees, Specialistís as well as postgraduate training and refresher courses for physicians and pharmacists.
3. At the University, there are 8 Faculties - Medical Faculty No. 1, Medical Faculty No. 2, Medical Faculty No. 3, Faculty of Postgraduate Education, International Faculty No.1, International Faculty No.2, 2 Pharmaceutical Faculties.
4. It also includes a Medical College and University Clinic for over 150 patients and more than 250 consultations at the polyclinic. 5. Nearly 10,200 students and 2200 foreign students from 39 countries are being a part this University.
6. The University has earned recognition by training foreigners from Latin America, Asia, Africa, and Europe for about 40 years.
7. At ZSMU, students gain knowledge all according to the requirements of the European system of education.
8. If we count till now more than 10,000 specialists have completed the medical and pharmaceutical education and spread in more than 100 countries of the world, seeking the higher positions in the public health systems of their respective countries.
9. When it comes to the scientific studies, the scientific institutions of the University are popular even outside Ukraine.
10. One of the priority-driven University's activities is the introduction of computer technologies to make the teaching-studying process and scientific research easier. Over forty computer classrooms and up to 1300 personal computers provide students with better learning experience based on multimedia technologies.
11. This is not all but the entire campus has proper access to the Internet as there are Wi-Fi access points at the territory of the University. Isn't it great!
12. At the University, there is also a center of distance learning and telemedicine that renders the participation in International Scientific conferences.
13. The best thing about the campus of ZSMU is that it is on the picturesque bank of the river Dnieper, the biggest river in Europe. This is a detached territory consists of -
5 Academic Buildings
Scientific and literature libraries with computer rooms and reading halls
1 big medical center
Student's Sanatorium Dispensary
Canteens and Cafes,
Courts and Stadium
Let's find out some Interesting facts about Zaporozhye CityThe 6th largest city in Ukraine, Zaporozhye is situated on the river Dnieper and considered as one of the biggest centers for foreigners' education in the country.
Country's main car manufacturing company, the "Motor-Sich" (world-famous aircraft engine manufacturer) located in Zaporozhye and that is why the city is known as the major industrial center of Ukraine.
There is more to know about the city but let's end it while knowing about Zaporozhye as an important transportation hub in Ukraine.
It is the deeply developed transportation system that provides railway, waterway, roadway and airway options for the passengers.