Zaporozhye State Medical University, Ukraine
Insight into the University
1. Founded in 1903, Zaporozhye State Medical University is one of the oldest medical higher institutions of Ukraine.
2. One of the major objectives of this university is the provision of medical undergraduate and post graduate courses. Specialists and post graduate training as well as new courses for pharmacists and physicians are on offer.
3. At this University, there are eight faculties namely medical faculties 1, 2 and 3, postgraduate education faculty, international faculty 1 and 2 and two pharmaceutical faculties.
4. It also has a university clinic and medical college for more than 150 patients and close to 250 polyclinic consultations.
5. About 10,200 students and close to 2,200 international students from 39 nations are included in this University.
6. The University has been accorded training recognition for teaching international students from Latin America, Africa, Asia and Europe for close to forty years.
7. At ZSMU, students gain knowledge all according to the requirements of the European system of education.
8. If we count till now more than 10,000 medical and pharmaceutical specialists have completed their education at this university, from more than 100 nations of the world, seeking higher positions in public health systems of nations.
9. When it comes to the scientific studies, the scientific institutions of the University are popular even outside Ukraine.
10. One of the priority-driven University’s activities is the introduction of computer technologies to make the teaching-studying process and scientific research easier. Over forty computer classrooms and up to 1300 personal computers provide students with better learning experience based on multimedia technologies.
11. This is not all but the entire campus has proper access to the Internet as there are Wi-Fi access points at the territory of the University. Isn’t it great!
12. At the University, there is also a center of distance learning and telemedicine that renders the participation in International Scientific conferences.
13. The best thing about the campus of ZSMU is that it is on the picturesque bank of the river Dnieper, the biggest river in Europe. This is a detached territory consists of –
5 Academic Buildings
Scientific and literature libraries with computer rooms and reading halls
1 big medical center
Student’s Sanatorium Dispensary
Canteens and Cafes,
Courts and Stadium
Let’s find out some Interesting facts about Zaporozhye City
The 6th largest city in Ukraine, Zaporozhye is situated on the river Dnieper and considered as one of the biggest centers for foreigners’ education in the country.
Country’s main car manufacturing company, the “Motor-Sich” (world-famous aircraft engine manufacturer) located in Zaporozhye and that is why the city is known as the major industrial center of Ukraine.
There is more to know about the city but let’s end it while knowing about Zaporozhye as an important transportation hub in Ukraine.
It is the deeply developed transportation system that provides railway, waterway, roadway and airway options for the passengers.