MBBS Admission in Ukraine: V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
1. This national university is considered among the most oldest and well known universities in Ukraine.
2. It was set up in the year 1805, and is considered to be a university spanning 212 years.
3. Meanwhile, the University became inoperative.
4. Again the University got revived in 1934, but the School of Medicine was yet closed. Later on, in 1993, the School of Medicine got opened for the students.
5. At present, the University consists of 3700 students in which 2600 students are foreigners and many of them belong to India.
6. Now, this School of Medicine has become one of the leading medical educational institutes in Ukraine and one of the topmost scientific centers across Ukraine.
7. Currently, the School of Medicine runs under the expert guidance of 11 Departments and their HODs and students from various countries such as USA, France, Bulgaria, Turkey, Vietnam, India, China, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain come to study the various medical subjects.
8. Thousands of Graduates of this medical school are serving worldwide as medical professionals such as physicians and scientists. They are serving the developed and developing countries such as USA, UK, France, India, Hungary, Canada etc.
9. This educational institution is interested in cooperating with the neighborhood medical institutions belonging to Kharkiv and Ukraine. The management of this school actively participates in scientific cooperation, sharing ideas and love to carry out the collaborative research works.
10. Following research and clinical establishments where signed on by the university:
1. VI Grishchenko’s Clinic of Reproductive Medicine
2. Kharkiv City Prenatal Center
3. USA’s IBM Academic Initiative
4. UK’s University of Aberdeen
5. Spain’s University of Barcelona
6. Ukraine’s Institute of Microbiology and Immunity Sciences Mechnikov AMS
7. Italy’s Roma University
8. VT Zaytsev Institute of General 43
9. Institute of Joints and Backbone Pathology
10. Ukraine’s Professor MI Sitenko and Urgent Surgery of NAMS
12. MCVB (Australia)
13. WSPID (South Africa)
14. Ukrainian NDI of Social and Judicial Psychiatry and Narcology of Ukraine’s Ministry of Health
15. Kharkiv Medical Academy of Post Degree Education
16. Ukraine’s LT Mala Institute of Therapy of NAMS
17. National Medicine Academy of post-degree’s education
18. National Technical University
19. Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute
20. Japan’s Society of Gastroenterology
21. Sweden Institute
22. School of Public Health, Department of Medicine, SUNY Center for Medicine, USA.
23. AL Meshcnaninov Kharkiv City Clinical Hospital of Medical Service (Ambulance and Emergency)
11. The infrastructure of this school is well equipped with advanced multimedia, computer, models, devices, layouts, laboratories etc.
12. With more than 50,000 unique ancient manuscripts and editions, The Central Scientific Library is the oldest library in Ukraine.
13. Karazin University’s School of Medicine aims to create ideal medical science study conditions.
14. The classical approach of teaching the basic subjects for medical sciences such as medical biology and genetics, physics and biophysics, biochemistry and nonorganic chemistry, informatics and computer sciences, mathematics and medical statistics, fundamentals of economic theory, foreign languages, philosophy and history make the graduates of this Medical School equipped to understand the challenges of medical science and clinical practices.
15. The School also offers hostel facilities for foreign students which are equipped with all modern comforts and advances.
16. The University features incredible clinical base, some of which are:
(i) Malay Institute of therapy Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine
(ii) Institute of Children and Adolescents Health Care Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine
(iii) Sytenko Institute of Spine and Joint Pathology Academy of Medical Science, Ukraine
(iv) Kharkov maternity hospital with a neonatal department
(v) Kharkov Regional Clinical Hospital of Infectious Diseases
(vi) V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Ukraine
(vii) Grigoriev Institute of Medical Radiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
(viii) Institute of Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
(ix) Kharkov Research Institute of General and Emergency Surgery
(x) Mechnicov Institute of microbiology and immunology of Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine,
(xi) Saltovsky medical complex and much more.