Ukraine’s Taras Shevchenko University (National)
About Taras Shevchenko National University, Kiev, Ukraine
1. Located in Kev, the capital of Ukraine, Taras Shevchenko National University is a research based University known worldwide for it’s immense contribution.
2. Taras Shevchenko National University has been awarded the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine awards and has to it’s credit many orders of merit and awards of Honorary Titles of Educationists.
3. The University offers Bachelor’s & Master’s degree programs leading to Junior Specialists & Specialists as well as Doctoral degrees.
4. With nearly 27,000 students enrolled in the University, Taras Shevchenko National University is one of the biggest, prominent & sought after University in Ukraine and is a preferred choice for not only Ukraine nationals but also for citizens from different parts of the world.
5. The University has close to 2,300 staf members including very Senior Scientists & Research analysts, Professors, Lecturers etc.
6. The University’s library has one of the larges collection of Books & periodicals and has over 33 lac of inventory in it’s state of the art library. Other facilities include Museum of Linguistics, Geology & Zoology Museum, Astronomical Observatory etc.
7. Taras Shevchenko National University has a separate Faculty for International Students which offers MBBS program in the Medical Faculty, BDS program in the Faculty of Dentistry and also Postgraduate Training facilities.
8. For international students, the University has all the facilities in the Campus which includes a well-furnished and thoughtfully designed Residential campus consisting of all basic facilities that an International student may need like cafeteria, Computer Clubs, Gymnasium & other sports facilities etc.
9. Taras Shevchenko National University is a front runner as far as it’s bilateral relations with other International Universities are concerned. The University collaborates extensively with other well known International Universities and actively organized / participates in International Conferences, Lectures and research with other Scientific Institutions of the world.
1. Kiev is the capital and the largest city of Ukraine.
2. Kiev is an important industrial, scientific, cultural and educational center of Eastern Europe and home to many higher educational institutions.
3. The city is home to the richest and has an extensive well developed infrastructure including the Kiev Metro.
4. At the United Nations Climate Change Conference 2009, Kiev was the only Commonwealth of Independent States city to be included in the Top 30 European Green City index. 5. Kiev is home to 2 World Heritage sites – St. Sophia Catherdal and the Kiev Pechersk Lavra (Monastery of Caves).
5. Kiev is a green city and it is said that one can walk from one end of Kiev to the other in the summertime without leaving the shade of its many trees.
6. Since introducing a visa-free regime for EU-member states and Switzerland in 2005, Ukraine has seen a steady increase in the number of foreign tourists visiting the country.