Kharkiv National Medical University, Ukraine
About the University
● Kharkiv National Medical University also referred to as KNMU, was established in 1805 in Ukraine and it is one of the premier institutions of the country.
● A large number of international students have received top class education and training in Medical programs such as MBBS at KNMU since 1951.
● These international programs are offered in English language and at very reasonable costs.
● International Students from more than 86 countries such as India, Ghana, Syria, Jordan, Oman, etc receive their education from KNMU.
● The degree offered by KMNU is recognized by well established global bodies like:
❖ Federation European Physiological Societies
❖ World Health Organization
❖ General Medical Council
❖ Medical Council of India
● Since 1998, KNMU has the membership of IAU(International Association of Universities ) an official partner of UNESCO.
● At KNMU, 2 out of 7 faculties are present for training international students.
● At present, the university offers 66 departments with 821 of its experts in science & pedagogy.
● The university has 2 e-libraries and 11 reading halls and more than 1 million copies present at its library
● KMNU was awarded “The Perfect Museum” in 2011 for the Community Museum of history present at the university.
● KMNU provides its student with world-class infrastructure with highly equipped laboratories with state of the art technology and well-furnished classrooms.
● Following are the top institutions partnered throughout the world with whom KNMU has formed its alliance and collaborates for medical research and education.
❖ Association of Friends of the American-Austrian Foundation(Austria)
❖ Belarusian State Medical University(Belarus),
❖ Gomel State Medical University(Belarus)
❖ Villa Stuart Sport Clinic(Rome, Italy)
❖ Dr. Yan Ratner Dental Clinic(Israel)
❖ Pleven Medical University(Bulgaria)
❖ Institute of Physiology of the Academy of Science (Czech Republic)
❖ University of Tartu(Estonia)
❖ Georgian Association of Prenatal Medicine and Perinatology(Georgia)
❖ Tbilisi Medical Centre “NeoClinic”(Georgia)
❖ Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg(Germany)
❖ Institute for Multiphase Processes, Leibniz University( Hannover, Germany)
❖ Asklepios Children’s Hospital( Sankt Augustin, Germany)
❖ Havelhohe Community Hospital( Germany)
❖ Paderborn University(Germany)
❖ Semey State Medical University(Kazakhstan)
❖ Karaganda State Medical University(Kazakhstan)
❖ Astana Medical University(Kazakhstan)
❖ West-Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University(Kazakhstan)
❖ Poznan University of Medical Sciences(Poland)
❖ Comenius University in Bratislava(Slovak Republic)
❖ Slovak Medical University(Slovak Republic)
❖ Public Health Agency of Sweden, Stockholm(Sweden)
❖ Spine Center of Zurich(Switzerland)
❖ Andijan State Medical Institute(Uzbekistan)
❖ Samarkand State Medical Institute(Uzbekistan)
❖ Tashkent Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education(Uzbekistan)
❖ Tashkent Paediatric Medical Institute(Uzbekistan)
1. Kharkiv is the 2nd largest city of Ukraine and is situated on the northeast of Ukraine.
2. Kharkiv is a very important city of Ukraine and is a major centre of scientific, industrial, transport & culture.
3. Kharkiv was the 1st capital of Ukraine (1919 to 1934) before Kiev became the nation’s capital city.
4. Kharkiv is home to 60 scientific institutes, 30 higher education universities, 6 mueeums, 7 theaters and over 80 libraries.
5. The city is home to major industries including to the once world leading tank manufacturer – Malyshev Tank.
6. Antonov multipurpose aircraft manufacturing plant & Turboatom – the manufacturer of thermal, hydro & nuclear power plants are located in the city of Kharkiv.
7. Kharkiv is a modern city with an underground rapid transit system (Metro).
8. Kharkiv has a large number of modern shopping malls & business centres