Kharkiv National Medical University, Ukraine
About the University
1. Established in 1805, Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) is one of top medical university of Ukraine.
2. Training International students since 1951.
3. KNMU offers high quality MBBS program in English medium at an affordable cost.
4. KNMU is a very popular University with international students and is home to nationals of more than 86 different countries including India, Jordan, Syria, Oman, Ghana etc.
5. KNMU degree is recognized worldwide by organizations such as:
(i) World Health Organization (WHO)
(ii) Medical Council of India (MCI)
(iii) General Medical Council (GMC)
(iv) Federation European Physiological Societies (FEPS)
6. KNMU is a member of International Association of Universities (under UNESCO) since 1998.
7. KNMU houses 7 faculties which include 2 for training international students on an exclusive basis.
8. KNMU has 66 departments with 821 specialists in sciences & pedagogy.
9. KNMU offers an impressive scientific library with over 1 million copies. The library infrastructure includes 11 reading halls and 2 e-libraries.
10. KNMU is home to the Community Museum of History and it was in 2011 awarded “The Perfect Museum” award.
11. All classrooms and laboratories are well equipped with latest technology. & teaching facilities.
12. University collaborates extensively with foreign institutions and some of the notable partners with for research and medical education include:
(i) Association of Friends of the American-Austrian Foundation, Austria.
(ii) Belarusian State Medical University, Belarus.
(iii) Gomel State Medical University, Belarus.
(iv) Villa Stuart Sport Clinic, Rome, Italy
(v) Dr. Yan Ratner Dental Clinic, Israel,
(vi) Pleven Medical University, Bulgaria
(vii) Institute of Physiology of the Academy of Science of the Czech Republic
(viii) University of Tartu, Estonia
(ix) Georgian Association of Prenatal Medicine and Perinatology, Georgia
(x) Tbilisi Medical Centre “NeoClinic”, Georgia
(xi) Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg, Germany
(xii) Institute for Multiphase Processes, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
(xiii) Asklepios Children’s Hospital Sankt Augustin, Germany
(xiv) Havelhohe Community Hospital, Germany
(xv) Paderborn University, Germany
(xvi) Semey State Medical University, Kazakhstan
(xvii) Karaganda State Medical University, Kazakhstan
(xviii) Astana Medical University, Kazakhstan
(xix) West-Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University, Kazakhstan
(xx) Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland
(xxi) Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovak Republic
(xxii) Slovak Medical University, Slovak Republic
(xxiii) Public Health Agency of Sweden, Stockholm, Sweden
(xxiv) Spine Center of Zurich, Switzerland
(xxv) Andijan State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan
(xxvi) Samarkand State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan
(xxvii) Tashkent Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education, Uzbekistan
(xxviii) Tashkent Paediatric Medical Institute, Uzbekistan
1. Kharkiv is the 2nd largest city of Ukraine and is situated on the northeast of Ukraine.
2. Kharkiv is a very important city of Ukraine and is a major centre of scientific, industrial, transport & culture.
3. Kharkiv was the 1st capital of Ukraine (1919 to 1934) before Kiev became the nation’s capital city.
4. Kharkiv is home to 60 scientific institutes, 30 higher education universities, 6 mueeums, 7 theaters and over 80 libraries.
5. The city is home to major industries including to the once world leading tank manufacturer – Malyshev Tank.
6. Antonov multipurpose aircraft manufacturing plant & Turboatom – the manufacturer of thermal, hydro & nuclear power plants are located in the city of Kharkiv.
7. Kharkiv is a modern city with an underground rapid transit system (Metro).
8. Kharkiv has a large number of modern shopping malls & business centres