Osh State University, Kyrgyzstan
About the University
1.Government University founded in 1951.
2. Home to over 41,000 students in 23 campuses.
3. Medical Faculty training foreign students since 1993.
4. More than 3500 students in Medical faculty from India, Nepal, Syria, USA, UK, Maldives & other countries.
5. Degree recognized worldwide.
6. Listed with World Health Organization (WHO).
7. Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
8. Euro-Russian curriculum for foreign students in English medium which is clinically focused and clinical rotations start from 2nd year.
9. Highly qualified Professors with many recognitions & achievements to their credit.
10. University collaborates with many foreign institutions & organizations for research and students get an opportunity to participate in international scientific conferences and courses.
11. International Medical Faculty has 2 Departments:
(i) Department of Fundamental Theories Disciplines– which includes essential subjects as Anatomy, Pathologic Anatomy, Normal Anatomy of Splanchnology and Angiology,Clinical Anatomy,Topographic Anatomy and Operational Surgery, Biology,Bioorganic Chemistry and Medical Chemistry, Physics, Human Embryology, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, HistologyPhysiology, and Cytology and other various basic sciences which are used in the practice of a doctor.
(ii) Department of Clinical Disciplines – which include the subjects which are of value to the higher years′ students, as Internal Medicine,Infectious Diseases, Infant infectious Diseases, Psychology,Pediatrics, Obstetrics,Poli-clinical medicine,Palliative Medicine,Public Health, Medical Genetics,General Surgery and others.
12. Teaching hospitals are well equipped with modern diagnostic and treatment facilities to train students at a higher scientific and professional level.
In particular, all types of diagnostics, thermovision, angiography, endoscopic technique, MRI, CT scan and highly effective means of treatment by hyperbaric oxygenation, laser therapy, modern efferent methods of de-toxication and many others are widely used here. Students are trained at best diagnostic centres and hospitals of the city such as-
(i) Osh State University Medical Clinic
(ii) Osh Provincial Clinical Hospital
(iii) Osh City Territorial Hospital
(iv) Osh InterProvincial Clinical Children Hospital
(v) Perinatal Centre
(vi) Provincial Materinity Home
(vii) Medical Centre”ZAMAT”
(viii) Osh Inter-Provincial Centre of Oncology
(ix) City Hospital of Infectious Diseases
(x) HIV-AIDS Prevention Centre
1. It is a mountain city located in the heart of the famous Ferghana valley.
2. It is the second largest city of Kyrgyzstan said to be more than 3,000 years old.
3. Home to several monuments including the World Heritage Site “The Sulayman Mountain”.
4. Good relaxation options including sports centers, swimming pools, billiard clubs, winter sports.
5. Cinema halls in the city run English, Russian and sometime Hindi movies.