International School of Medicine University of Krygyzstan
About the University
1. International School of Medicine (ISM) is a structural unit of International University of Kyrgyzstan (IUK) created for medical research and to provide high quality medical services.
2. The International University of Kyrgyzstan (IUK) was created in March 1993 by a decree of President of the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. The IUK is a member of:
(i) World Association of Universities and Colleges (WAUC)
(ii) Association of European Universities (EUA)
(iii) European Association for International Education (EAIE)
(iv) Global Alliance for Transnational Education (GATE)
(v) Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW) &
(vi) International Association of Universities under UNESCO.
8.ISM was established in 2004 and is today one of the highly respected medical university in Kyrgyzstan.
Please Click Here for NEET 2020 details
Please Click Here to Subscribe to NEET 2020 Notifications & Alerts
9. ISM follows the European System of Transformation of Credits (ESTC) which enables students to move to European Universities.
10. The MBBS program at ISM if of 5 years duration and fully approved by Ministry of Education & Ministry of Health of Kyrgyz Republic.
11. The program is conducted in English Medium and from 3rd year onwards extensive focus is on clinical studies.
12. Last year of studies is exclusively for practical where the students work under the direct guidance of assistants & instructors with high academic positions in the clinics.
13. Partner organizations of ISM for clinical include:
(i) National Centre for Mental Health.
(ii) Research Institute for Preventive Medicine.
(iii) Bishkek Emergency Child Care Hospital.
(iv) National Clinical Hospital for Infectious Diseases.
(v) Maternity Hospital No. 4 & 6.
(vi) National Pathological Anatomy Bureau.
(vii) National Center of Maternity & Childhood.
(viii) Republican Centre for Cardiac Surgery & Transplantation.
(ix) National Urological Centre.
(x) Bishkek City Hospital No. 6.
(xi) The Rail Road Hospital &
(xii) National Hospital (Surgery Clinic) amongst others.
1. Bishkek is the capital & most populated city of Kyrgyzstan.
2. The city is famous for wild boulevards (roads) & marble-faced public buildings.
3. Bishkek is the country’s financial centre with the country’s 21 commercial banks having their headquarters here.
4. Bishkek is an international travelller / student friendly country having modern shopping mails& super markets making it easy for the students. Almost every major street has shops offering everything a student may require.
5. The city is well connected by bus service and taxis are available at reasonable cost.