MBBS in China: Xian Jiaotong University
About Xian Jiaotong University
- Xi’an Jiaotong University is one of the major Universities in China that comes under the direct administration of the Education Ministry.
- It is the oldest institution of higher studies in China which is still running.
- 20 Schools of XJTU’s comprises of a comprehensive research university that offers different programs in the areas of engineering, economics, science, medicine, management, law, philosophy, art, and education.
- XJTU houses five national key laboratories, four national special laboratories, and two national engineering research centers.
- XJTU’s eight affiliated teaching hospitals include two ranked in China’s top 100.
- Staff and Faculty of Xian Jiaotong University consists of around five thousand people including 12 members of the Chinese National Academy of Engineering and 9 among them also belongs to the Chinese National Academy of Sciences.
- When it comes to knowing about the University from teacher’s perspective then one should know that the staff of University comprises of 5 National Teaching Awards recipients, around 140 participants in Education Ministry’s ‘New Century Program for Promising Young Talent’ and much more.
- The University also holds powerful student body that consists of more than thirty thousand students, including around twelve thousand graduate students, two hundred disciplines of Master degree and around one hundred fifteen disciplines of doctoral
- In recent time, around four hundred students across the world are mainly from Bangladesh, Australia, India, Nepal, New Zealand, Gulf Countries and European Countries.
- The university consists of three major campuses – one is Xingqing, another is Yanta and the last one is Qujiang, all cover around two hundred fifty hectares.
- The Qian Xuesen Library in Xingqing campus comprises of more than 4.5 million books, around a million books on electronics, over 4 thousand current periodicals and almost thirty thousand electronic periodicals.
- The computer system of the library has been completely integrated with the network of campus, CERNET, and of course the Internet.
- Students residing on campus also have modern dormitories, big dinings, and tremendous athletic facilities, that includes the ‘Siyuan Student Activities Center’.
- One of the most interesting things about the University is that the students of the university have been well supported with the help of stipends and scholarships.
- XJTU also provide psychological health education and counseling center to the students of the university.
- In 1937, Xi’an Jiaotong University’s ‘School of Medicine’ was established as the ‘School of Medicine of National Peking University’. In this school of XJTU, more than forty thousand medical experts are trained since the founding.
- This is not over yet as the School of Medicine has outstanding and well-qualified faculty as well as excellent working staff. If we count in number, it’s been over four thousand members. The School consists of around 600 skilled professors, over 80 doctoral mentors, about 12 experts who had fabulous contributions to the state and other provincial levels and besides more than 30 overseas and domestic visiting professors.
- Xian City is the capital of Shaanxi Province, People’s Republic of China.
- Xian is also one of the first service outsourcing cities in China, with over 800 corporations in the industry.
Xian Annual Weather Pattern
Quick Climate Info
Hottest Month July (27°C avg)
Coldest Month January (0°C avg)
Wettest Month July (38 mm avg)
Windiest Month July (9 km/h avg)
Annual Rainfall 223.8mm/year
Tuition Fees/ Year 40,000 RMB Accommodation / Year 7,000 RMB Insurance / Year 600 RMB Visa Renewal / Year 400 RMB Total RMB / Year 48,000 RMB
Total in INR @ Rs. 9.35
In addition, in 1st year a One Time Charge of RMB 1,000/- (Rs. 10,300/-) is payable to the University.
Other Estimated Expenses:
Food + Miscellaneous / Year 6,000 RMB