MBBS Admission in Dalian Medical University
About Dalian Medical University
- Dalian Medical University was founded in 1947, known as the most beautiful medical university in China with thousand meter coastal line and natural bathing beach inside campus.
- Over the years, Dalian Medical University has developed into a multi-disciplinary medical university, offering programs in other fields like science, engineering, management, arts and law besides medicine.
- At present the University has 14,700 students including 1,300 international students.
- Dalian Medical University has more than 7500 teaching faculty and medical staff, nearly 1100 doctoral student and graduate supervisors.
- The University has 3 affiliated hospitals serve the city of Dalian with more than 5200 beds. The hospital equipment and quality of medical care is in line with international advanced standards.
- On the international front DMU has collaborative relationships with 109 universities and 38 research institutions in 39 countries and regions.
- It was appraised A level in undergraduate teaching quality by the Education Ministry, and was authorized first as one of 30 universities which can teach undergraduate medical course in English medium.
- Dalian is a major city and seaport in the south of Liaoning Province, China.
- Dalian is a financial, shipping and logistics centre for Northeast Asia.
- In 2016, Dalian ranks 48th in the Global Financial Centres Index published by the Z/Yen Group and Qatar Financial Centre Authority, the other Chinese cities on the list being Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Beijing and Qingdao.
- Dalian Port is an important port for international trade. It has established trading and shipping links with more than 300 ports in 160 countries and regions of the world. There are over 100 international and domestic container shipping routes.
- Dalian is a major center for oil refineries, diesel engineering, and chemical production.
- Dalian is a popular destination among domestic tourists and foreign visitors, especially from Japan, South Korea and Russia.
- In 2007, it was one of the three cities named “China’s best tourist city”, along with Hangzhou and Chengdu, recognized by the National Tourism Administration and the United Nations World Tourism Organization.