MBBS ADMISSIONS 2017 News: Important Changes
Important changes proposed by Central Government of India on 11 July 2017
Bill to be moved in cabinet to replace MCI and also introduce an exit exam like NEET for all MBBS students who complete MBBS from India.
Health Ministry has approached the Union cabinet with a proposal to:
1. Replace Medical Council of India (MCI) with National Medical Commission (NMC)
2. Introduce exit exam for MBBS graduates before they are given a license to practise as a Doctor.
3. Through this exit exam admissions to PG courses will also be done from its merit list.
4. The Bill is expected to be placed in the Parliament for approval.
5. National Medical Commission, once approved will take over the roles and responsibilities of MCI and will assess & rate medical colleges in India, register students and give them license to practice after they clear exit exam and regulate medical education.