Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUCET)
The Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board, Department of Education, Government of Gujarat conducts this competitive entrance exam every year for selecting candidates on merit basis for admission into MBBS, BDS, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Optometry etc. in the various Government, Municipal, Grant-In-Aid & Self-Financed Colleges in the State of Gujarat.
For MBBS admission the following Colleges are included:
Government Medical Colleges
1. B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad.
2. Govt. Medical College, Baroda.
3. M.P. Shah Medical College, Jamnagar.
4. Govt. Medical College, Surat.
5. P.D.U Medical College, Rajkot.
6. Govt. Medical College, Bhavnagar.
Self-Financed Medical Colleges / Institutes
1. Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad.
2. Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & research (SMIMER), Surat.
3. Pramukh Swami Medical College, Dist. Anand.
4. C.U. Shah Medical College, Surendranagar.
5. Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Medical Education Trust (AMCMET) Medical College, Ahmedabad.
6. Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhuj.
7. Gujarat Medical Education & Research Society (GMERS) Medical College, Ahmedabad.
8. Gujarat Medical Education & Research Society (GMERS) Medical College, Vadodara.
9. Gujarat Cancer Society (GCS) Medical College & Research Centre, Ahmedabad.
10. GMERS Medical College, Patan.
11. GMERS Medical College, Valsad.
All these 17 Medical Colleges have around 2,780 seats every year.
GUCET Examination Pattern
There is 1 paper for Physics, Chemistry & Biology carrying total 120 questions – 40 from each subject.
Examination is Multiple Choice type with 4 options for 1 question.
Each question carries 1 mark and there is negative marking – 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer.
Duration of exam is 3 hours.
Candidate has an option to give the exam either in English, Hindi or Gujarati.
(a) Candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of his/her admission.
(b) Minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology in 12th grade from Goa Board.
In case of SC/ST/OBC candidates they should have secured minimum 40%.
(c) Candidate should have a domicile of Gujarat.
GUCET Important Dates
Availability of Application Forms – March 2016
Last Date of Submission – April 2016
Date of Examination – May 2016.
Declaration of Results – June 2016.