Consortium of Medical, Engineering & Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test (COMEDK UGET Medical)
About COMEDK UGET Medical
COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering & Dental Colleges of Karnataka” to determine the merit of students in an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative testing procedure and has been floated by the Association of Medical, Dental & Engineering Private Colleges for merit determination of students seeking admission to the member institutions. Presently 14 Medical, 25 Dental and more than 150 Engineering Colleges and affiliated to COMEDK and utilize its testing mechanism for effecting admissions to their UG programmes.
List of Medical Colleges offering MBBS include:
1. Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Balagangadharanatha Nagara.
2. Basaveshwara Medical College & Hospital, Chitradurga.
3. S. Nijalingappa Medical College and HSK Hospital and Research Centre, Bagalkot.
4. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College, Bengaluru.
5. H.K.E. Society’s M.R. Medical College, Gulbarga.
6. J.J.M. Medical College, Davangere.
7. K.V.G. Medical College, Sullia.
8. Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bengaluru.
9. M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru.
10. S.S. Institute of Medical Science and Research Centre, Davangere.
11. Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore.
12. SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad.
13. BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences, Bengaluru.
14. Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Hospital, Tumkur.
Two papers are conducted on the same day:
Paper 1 – Physics & Chemistry.
Paper 2 – Biology & English.
There will be 60 questions for each subject, i.e. a total of 240 questions.
Duration of each paper is 2 hours.
There is no negative marking. Each correct answer is given 1 mark.
(a) Candidates from All Over India can appear for this examination.
(b) Candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of his/her admission.
(c) Candidates must have studies Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English in Class 12th and should have an aggregate of over 50% in PCB.
(d) Candidate should not have passed 10+2 before 2014.
(e) Candidates already pursuing MBBS course at some other College in India are not eligible to apply.
(f) Candidates who have successfully appeared in COMEDK earlier but failed to take admission are not eligible to apply again.
The Entrance Test is based on the existing syllabus of 10+2, 12th standard / 2nd PUC.
Online Registration Starts – 1st week of March 2016
Last date of Submission – 1st week of April 2016
Date of Examination – 1st week of May 2016.
Declaration of Results – 1st week of June 2016.
2016 Information Bulletin not yet released.
Please click here to download 2015 Information Bulletin.