Study MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University, Ukraine
2017 Application: Apply Here
Zaporozhye State Medical University, Ukraine
About the University
Zaporozhye State Medical University was founded in 1930.
- Zaporozhye State Medical University has 8 Faculties - (Medical Faculty No. 1, Medical Faculty No. 2, Medical Faculty No. 3, two Pharmaceutical Faculties (intramural and extramural), International Faculty No.1, International Faculty No.2, Faculty of Postgraduate Education), Medical College and University Clinic for 160 patients and 250 consultations at polyclinic.
- The University has nearly 10,200 students enrolled and more than 2200 foreign students study at the University from 40 countries.
- Till date more than 10,500specialists have got medical and pharmaceutical education and are and more than now in more than 100 countries of the world, taking up high positions in the public health systems of their countries.
- In the University 56 departments are headed by Professors/Doctors of sciences, 3 departments are headed by Associate Professors/PhDs. The training is carried out with the use of the most modern scientific and pedagogical technologies by over 676 well qualified lecturers.
- The scientific schools of the University are well known outside Ukraine. Cardiological, surgery, pharmaceutical schools are among them. More than 500 transplantations of liver, kidney and pancreas have been performed. More than 20 preparations have been worked out by the scientists of the pharmaceutical school, produced and brought into medical practice in many countries abroad.
- The University has its own scientific editions: "Zaporozhye Medical Journal", "Current issues in pharmacy and medicine:science and practice", "Pathology".
- The introduction of computer technologies into the teaching-studying process, scientific research and management is one of the priority-driven University's activities. 42 computer classrooms and 1300 PC provide students with academic curricula based on multimedia technologies and test control in the main disciplines. ZSMU has its own information Internet server.
- There is a centre of telemedicine and distance learning at the University which provides the participation in international scientific conferences held on the basis of videoconference technologies, organization and holding of scientific-methods videoconferences, organization of distance refresher courses for University teaching staff, using of distance technologies in training of students by correspondence.
- Zaporozhye State Medical University campus is on the picturesque bank of the river Dnieper, the biggest river in Europe. It is a detached territory on which there are 5 academic buildings, 5 hostels, scientific and belletristic literature libraries with reading halls and computer rooms, medical centre, student's sanatorium-dispensary, several canteens and cafes, sports center, courts and stadium.
- All academic building, hostels, scientific library have access to Internet. There are Wi-Fi access points at the territory of the University. The student campus is under of the University security round-the-clock. The campus and hostels are equipped with the means of video surveillance and control.
- Zaporozhye city is located in south-eastern Ukraine and lies along banks of the Dnieper river now. The city covers 334 sq. km. and is the 6th largest city of Ukraine.
- Zaporozhye is an important industrial center of Ukraine, the country's main car manufacturing company, the Motor-Sich world-famous aircraft engine manufacturer.
- Zaporizhstal, Ukraine's fourth largest steel maker, ranks 54th in the world and is based in the city.
- The city has a big electricity generating complex catering to industrial demand. The city is a home for the hydroelectric power plant known as "DniproHES" Dnieper Hydroelectric Station located inside the city.
- The largest nuclear power plant in Europe is located near the Enerhodar, around 60 km from Zaporizhia. Also there are the biggest thermal power station in Ukraine which generates about 25% of the whole Ukrainian electricity.
- The city of Zaporozhye is an important transportation hub in Ukraine and has deeply developed transportation system that includes roadway, rail, river and air options for passenger, freight as well as public utilities transit. Public city transport includes buses, minivans, trams, trolleybuses and railways.
Zaporozhye Annual Weather Pattern
|S.No.||Name of the University||Tuition Fee/Year||Hostel/year||Total in US$ 1st Year||Estimate in INR 1st year||Yearly in US$ 2nd to 6th Years||Yearly 2nd to 6th Year Yearly Estimate in INR
|1|| Kiev National Medical University n.a. O.O. Bogomolets || US$ 4,300/- ||US$ 1,000/- || US$ 5,300/-|| Rs. 3,44,500/- ||US$ 5,300/- ||Rs. 3,44,500/- |
|2||Kharkiv National Medical University - Hostel 5||US$ 4,800/-||US$ 1,200/- || US$ 6,000/-|| Rs. 3,90,000/-|| US$ 6,000/-|| Rs.3,90,000/-|
| Kharkiv National Medical University - Hostel 4|| US$ 4,800/-|| US$ 900/-|| US$ 5,700/- || Rs. 3,70,500/-|| US$ 5,700/- || Rs. 3,70,500/- |
|3||V.N. Karazina Kharkiv National University|| US$ 4,000/- || US$ 1,100/-|| US$ 5,100/- || Rs. 3,31,500/- ||-|| -|
|2nd to 6th year fees||US$ 3,700/-||US$ 1,100/-||-||-||US$ 4,800/-||Rs. 3,12,000/-|
|4||Kiev Private Medical University UAFM||US$ 3,500/-||US$ 1,000/-|| US$ 4,500/-|| Rs. 2,92,500/-|| US$ 4,500/- ||Rs. 2,92,500/- |
|5||Lviv National Medical University||US$ 4,300/- ||US$ 700/-|| US$ 5,000/-|| Rs. 3,25,000/- ||US$ 5,000/-|| Rs. 3,25,000/- |
|6||Odessa National Medical University*|| US$ 4,000/-*|| US$ 1,000/-|| US$ 5,000/-||Rs. 3,25,000/- || US$ 4,800/-|| Rs. 3,12,000/- |
|7|| Vinnitsa National Medical University || US$ 4,400/- || US$ 600/- || US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- || US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- |
|8|| Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University|| US$ 4,200/-|| US$ 800/- ||US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 4,55,000/-|| US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- |
|9|| Ternopil State Medical University || US$ 4,300/- || US$ 700/- ||US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- || US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- |
|10|| Zaporozhye State Medical University || US$ 4,200/- || US$ 800/- ||US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- || US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- |
|11|| Sumy State University Medical School || US$ 4,000/- || US$ 350/- || US$ 4,350/- || Rs. 2,82,750/- || US$ 4,350/- || Rs. 2,82,750/- |
|12|| Uzhgorod National University || US$ 3,500/- || US$ 850/- ||US$ 4,350/- || Rs. 2,82,750/- || US$ 4,350/- || Rs. 2,82,750/- |
*Odessa National Medical University - the fee increases every year by US$ 300/-.
1. Hostel is compulsory for 1st year.
2. From 2nd year onwards majority of students stay outside the Hostel as private accommodation is cheaper and offers more luxury & privacy. If the student wants to continue in the hostel they can do so by paying the hostel charges.
3. Insurance extra US$ 200/- every year.
4. One Time Charge extra USD 2,000/- for university in S.No.1. For S.No.2, 3 and 4, the one time charge is $1500. For S.No. 5 -12, the one time charge if $1800 payable directly to the university.
5. Food & Personal Expenses extra. Food estimates around Rs. 5,000/- to Rs. 7,000/- per month depending upon personal habits.
6. Air Ticket extra approximately Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 30,000/- one way.
7. 1st year Admission, Visa Processing & Service Charges extra.
8. 1 USD is calculated @ Rs. 65/-. Estimate may vary depending on Currency fluctuation which is not in our hands.
I must say that SEED has fulfilled my long term dream of going to USA for pursuing medical studies. It has helped me in every possible way.
The solutions, which are provided by SEED, are the best and according to the needs of the students. Without them, I would not have found the right track of my career.