V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Ukraine
About the University
1. V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University is one of the oldest and most respected University of Ukraine.
2. The University was established in 1805 – 212 years old.
3. The Medical School of the University was closed down in when all the Universities were closed and in their places divided special places of education were introduced.
4. In 1934 the University was revived but without the school of medicine. In 1993 the School of Medicine started training students once again.
5. Today the University has 3700 students out of which there are 2600 foreigners – many of whom are Indians.
6. Graduates of the school who are in thousands are working as physicians and scientists all over the world including in Canada, USA, France, UK, Hungary, India etc.
7. It is now not only a leading medical school of Ukraine but is also a leading scientific center.
8. The School of Medicine closely cooperates colleagues from Kharkiv and Ukraine as well as from other countries. Contracts on exchange of experience, scientific cooperation and carrying out joint research works with the following research and clinical establishments are signed: Kharkiv City Prenatal Center, V. I. Grishchenko Clinic of Reproductive Medicine, University of Aberdeen (UK), IBM Academic Initiative (USA), University of Barcelona (Spain), Roma University (Italy), Institute of Microbiology and Immunology n.a. I. I. Mechnikov AMS Ukraine, Institute of Backbone and Joints Pathology n.a. professor M. I. Sitenko , V. Т. Zaytsev Institute of the General 43 and Urgent Surgery of NAMS of Ukraine, NATO, MCVB (Australia), WSPID (South Africa), The Japanese Society of Gastroenterology (Japan), Ukrainian NDI of Social and Judicial Psychiatry and Narcology of The Ministry of Health of Ukraine, A. I. Meshchaninov Kharkiv City Clinical Hospital of Ambulance and Emergency Medical Service, Swedish Institute (Sweden), School of Public Health (Department of Medicine SUNY Medical Center, USA), The Kharkiv Medical Academy of post degree education, National Medical Academy of post degree Education, Institute of Therapy of NAMS of Ukraine of L. T. Mala, National Technical University "Kharkiv Polytechnical Institute" and others.
9. The school has 11 Departments and candidates from many countries like USA, Israel, France, Bulgaria, Turkey, Vietnam, China, India, Saudi Arabia, Bahrai amongst others study here.
11. Educational rooms are well equipped with all modern computer, multimedia, models, layouts, devices etc.
12. The Central Scientific Library is the oldest in Ukraine with more than 50,000 unique ancient editions and manuscripts – some as old as 300 years.
13. The School of Medicine of Karazin University creates ideal conditions for studying fundamental sciences for its students at specialized schools of University.
14. Classical University approaches to teach students such subjects as biochemistry and nonorganic chemistry, physics and biophysics, mathematics and medical statistics, informatics and computer sciences, philosophy and history, medical biology and genetics, foreign languages and fundamentals of economic theory make our Medical School ‘s graduates be ready for modern, quickly changed, conditions of clinical practice and challenges of medical science.
15. Comfortable hostels for foreign students are available with all modern facilities. 16. The University has excellent clinical base, some of which include:
(i) Scientific and medical institutions of city: Institute of Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine,
(ii) Mechnicov Institute of microbiology and immunology of Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine,
(iii) State Establishment Malay Institute of therapy Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine,
(iv) Grigoriev Institute of Medical Radiology of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
(v) Sytenko Institute of Spine and Joint Pathology Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine,
(vi) Institute of Children and Adolescents Health Care Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine
(vii) Kharkov Railway Hospital,
(viii) Kharkov Railway Medical-healthcare establishment,
(ix) Kharkov maternity hospital with a neonatal department,
(x) Kharkov Regional Clinical Hospital of Infectious Diseases,
(xi) Polyclinic №6 of Kharkov Moskovsky district,
(xii) Regional children's Clinical Hospital,
(xiii) Kharkov Research Institute of General and Emergency Surgery,
(xiv) Saltovsky medical complex and others.