Study MBBS in Ternopil State Medical University, Ukraine
2017 Application: Apply Here
Ternopil State Medical University, Ukraine
About the University
- Ternopil State Medical University was established in 1957.
- Ternopil State Medical University has been rated among the top 3 Medical Universities of Ukraine.
- The University is home to more than 1500 International students from 53 countries.
- The University is home to the Biology Department Museum & Anatomy Department Museum and these are considered to be the best in Ukraine.
- Ternopil State Medical University started training International students from 1997.
- Complex research activities are conducted at the University. The lyophilized pig xenodermotransplants, developed by prof. V.V.Bihunyak, are widely used for the treatment of burns in all national burns centres is a contribution of this University.
- In 2000 the Academy ranked third among all the Ukrainian higher medical schools of IV accreditation level according to comprehensive activity rating.
- Today, the University comprises 48 departments organized into 5 faculties – Medical Faculty, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of International Students, and Postgraduate Training Faculty.
- Throughout the University history, the number of graduates totals at 25 thousand and about 40 thousand specialists working in Ukraine and abroad, took advanced training at the Postgraduate Training Faculty.
- Of 580 teachers and scientists, the two thirds are the University graduates. 87 doctors of sciences, professors, and 348 candidates of sciences, associate professors, including 3 Corresponding Members of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, 9 Honorary Workers of Science and Technology, 2 Honorary Workers of Education, 2 State Prize Laureates in Science and Technique, 3 Honorary Inventors of Ukraine, and 3 Honorary Physicians of Ukraine work at 48 departments of the University .
- The University material and technical basis has increased greatly for the last 15 years. All the departments as well as the library with 4 reading halls and branches at clinical departments, in educational and research institutes have been computerized. There has been organized the computer centre and 39 computer Internet-connected classes.
- The University has it’s own publishing house “Ukrmedknyha”, equipped with modern printing facilities, is the largest specialized publishing house in Ukraine and the only one that publishes printed matters in Ukrainian or translated from Ukrainian. The “Ukrmedknyha” accounts for 60 % supply of textbooks and manuals in Ukrainian to the national higher medical educational institutions of III-IV accreditation level, and for 80 % – to I-II accreditation level.
- The University teachers have made about 250 instructional multimedia compact disks with electronic textbooks, video films and test programmes, altogether more than 23700 items.
Ternopil city is situated in Western Ukraine – 120 Kms. From Lviv.
- Ternopil is an important industrial & cultural centre of Ukraine and serves as an important rail junction and highway hub.
- Industries in this region manufacture food products, textiles, leather, electic parts, farm machinery etc.
- The city is modern with well developed transport system.
- The city offers safe & secure environment for international students.
Ternopil Annual Weather Pattern
|S.No.||Name of the University||Tuition Fee/Year||Hostel/year||Total in US$ 1st Year||Estimate in INR 1st year||Yearly in US$ 2nd to 6th Years||Yearly 2nd to 6th Year Yearly Estimate in INR
|1|| Kiev National Medical University n.a. O.O. Bogomolets || US$ 4,300/- ||US$ 1,000/- || US$ 5,300/-|| Rs. 3,44,500/- ||US$ 5,300/- ||Rs. 3,44,500/- |
|2||Kharkiv National Medical University - Hostel 5||US$ 4,800/-||US$ 1,200/- || US$ 6,000/-|| Rs. 3,90,000/-|| US$ 6,000/-|| Rs.3,90,000/-|
| Kharkiv National Medical University - Hostel 4|| US$ 4,800/-|| US$ 900/-|| US$ 5,700/- || Rs. 3,70,500/-|| US$ 5,700/- || Rs. 3,70,500/- |
|3||V.N. Karazina Kharkiv National University|| US$ 4,000/- || US$ 1,100/-|| US$ 5,100/- || Rs. 3,31,500/- ||-|| -|
|2nd to 6th year fees||US$ 3,700/-||US$ 1,100/-||-||-||US$ 4,800/-||Rs. 3,12,000/-|
|4||Kiev Private Medical University UAFM||US$ 3,500/-||US$ 1,000/-|| US$ 4,500/-|| Rs. 2,92,500/-|| US$ 4,500/- ||Rs. 2,92,500/- |
|5||Lviv National Medical University||US$ 4,300/- ||US$ 700/-|| US$ 5,000/-|| Rs. 3,25,000/- ||US$ 5,000/-|| Rs. 3,25,000/- |
|6||Odessa National Medical University*|| US$ 4,000/-*|| US$ 1,000/-|| US$ 5,000/-||Rs. 3,25,000/- || US$ 4,800/-|| Rs. 3,12,000/- |
|7|| Vinnitsa National Medical University || US$ 4,400/- || US$ 600/- || US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- || US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- |
|8|| Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University|| US$ 4,200/-|| US$ 800/- ||US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 4,55,000/-|| US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- |
|9|| Ternopil State Medical University || US$ 4,300/- || US$ 700/- ||US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- || US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- |
|10|| Zaporozhye State Medical University || US$ 4,200/- || US$ 800/- ||US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- || US$ 5,000/- || Rs. 3,25,000/- |
|11|| Sumy State University Medical School || US$ 4,000/- || US$ 350/- || US$ 4,350/- || Rs. 2,82,750/- || US$ 4,350/- || Rs. 2,82,750/- |
|12|| Uzhgorod National University || US$ 3,500/- || US$ 850/- ||US$ 4,350/- || Rs. 2,82,750/- || US$ 4,350/- || Rs. 2,82,750/- |
*Odessa National Medical University - the fee increases every year by US$ 300/-.
1. Hostel is compulsory for 1st year.
2. From 2nd year onwards majority of students stay outside the Hostel as private accommodation is cheaper and offers more luxury & privacy. If the student wants to continue in the hostel they can do so by paying the hostel charges.
3. Insurance extra US$ 200/- every year.
4. One Time Charge extra USD 2,000/- for university in S.No.1. For S.No.2, 3 and 4, the one time charge is $1500. For S.No. 5 -12, the one time charge if $1800 payable directly to the university.
5. Food & Personal Expenses extra. Food estimates around Rs. 5,000/- to Rs. 7,000/- per month depending upon personal habits.
6. Air Ticket extra approximately Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 30,000/- one way.
7. 1st year Admission, Visa Processing & Service Charges extra.
8. 1 USD is calculated @ Rs. 65/-. Estimate may vary depending on Currency fluctuation which is not in our hands.
I must say that SEED has fulfilled my long term dream of going to USA for pursuing medical studies. It has helped me in every possible way.
The solutions, which are provided by SEED, are the best and according to the needs of the students. Without them, I would not have found the right track of my career.