Odessa State Medical University, Ukraine
The institution was started in 1900 as the Medical Faculty of the Novorossiyskiy State University in Odessa. The medical faculty soon became one of the most prestigious medical faculties in the Russian Empire. In 1922 it was transformed into an independent and autonomous Odessa State Medical Institute. It was later to become Odessa State Medical University in an independent Ukrainian Republic.
The University consists of 58 faculties and has a student population of over 6,000 including foreign students from very different and diverse countries. There are 43 clinical departments in the university, located at 63 medical and prophylactic institutions in Odessa and Odessa region.
Since 1946 the faculty received training over 7,000 foreign citizens from 58 countries worldwide. Many graduates have become leading specialists, heads of medical institutions, regional services, heads of educational institutions. At present the university has more than 1000 foreign students and they have the opportunity to use high-quality and modern information services, student library, study books that are written by professors of the University and published in ONMedU.