Tver State Medical University, Russia
Tver State Medical Academy dates back to 1902 when the courses for dental students were arranged. In 1994 after the renaming of Kalinin to Tver, the Institute was also renamed and got the status of the Academy.
Tver State Medical Academy has been playing a leading role in the development of medical science and training of medical practitioners and scientists. It is always among the top 10 Medical Educational Establishments according to the annual official rating of the 48 Russian Medical Educational Establishments.
Today it is the largest medical scientific, research and educational centre, noted for its extensive clinical and laboratory base and a brilliant teaching staff. The Academy possesses a complex of buildings designed for practical classes, lectures, laboratory studies, research work and auxiliary services.
The Tver State Medical Academy has trained medical specialists for foreign countries since 1962. Currently students from more than 50 countries study in Tver State Medical Academy Tver State Medical Academy is recognised by WHO.