Our Lady of Fatima University, Philippines
The year 1967, marked the auspicious beginnings of what is to become a premier educational institution in the country particularly in the field of medicine, nursing, and paramedical courses
It all started when Jose C. Olivares, a chemistry professor by vocation but with strong entrepreneurial spirit, and his son-in-law, Dr. Vicente M. Santos, an obstetrician, founded the Our Lady of Fatima Hospital in 1967.
It soon became the primary provider of medical services to the residents of Valenzuela and its neighboring towns. With a vision of creating medical complex that will be a training center for competent health care providers, Mr. Olivares created the Fatima Medical Science Foundation Inc., and initially established the Our Lady of Fatima College of Nursing in 1973.
More curricular programs were added in the 1970s including courses in Midwifery, Chemistry, and Veterinary Medicine.
Through the years, the Our Lady of Fatima University has responded to the rapid changes in medical science and technology and the social milieu through constant modernization of its facilities and continuing development of its faculty.
From the 1980s through the 1990s the country witnessed the development of OLFU with the inclusion of other courses and programs such as Physical Therapy, Hotel & Restaurant Management, Computer Studies, Maritime Education and Criminology.
To date, the Our Lady of Fatima University has 4 campuses: Valenzuela City (Main Campus), Quezon City (Hilltop Campus) Antipolo City and Pampanga.
The unrelenting and concerted efforts to establish a center of excellence in the medical sciences and other disciplines by the administration, faculty and staff of the Our Lady of Fatima College have finally come to fruition. As an affirmation of the commitment to uphold the highest standard and quality of education, the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) granted the College the University status in December 2, 2002 by virtue of Resolution No. 401, series of 2002
- US Curriculum
- USMLE Training
- Clinical Rotation In US Hospitals
- Indian Food
- A/C Hostel & Class Rooms
Advantage of studying in Our lady of Fatima
- Top most Medical University in Philippines having exclusive batches for US Citizens.
- Cutting edge American curriculum
- Philippines is The 3rd Largest English Speaking Country After US and UK.
- More Than 90% Philippinos speak English
- More than 10% of Practicing Doctors in US studied their Medical Degree In Philippines
- Philippines Earns more than 10 billion USD from Medical Tourism
- Safe environment & friendly people.
- Affordable tuition fees & living cost.
- Training for MCI Screening test.
- Free Coaching for USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) Stage I & II
- Excellent boarding and lodging provided by the University.
- International exposure.
- Located in the heart of Manila with easy access to many parts of the world.
OLFU has a dedicated 200 bed tertiary care hospital apart from 1000+ beds in secondary and primary care facility. The amount of patient exposure the students can get is comparable to any of our Government medical colleges back home and superior to any of the private colleges.
Our Lady Fatima Hospital Valenzuela city 200 beds tertiary care (Surgery, Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, Emergency Medicine, ENT, Cardiovascular Diseases, Endocrinology).
Quezon City General Hospital 500 bed Hospital (Family Medicine, Gynaecology, Surgery, Radiology, Oncology).
Fabella Hospitals 500 Beds (OB and GY, Paediatrics, Surgery)
Children's General Hospital Manila 600 beds (Neonatal, Paediatrics, Children diseases)
National Psychiatry Hospital (Psychiatric care, Mental illness relate)
List of US Hospitals (Clinical Rotation)
- OLFU medical degree is directly recognised by New York and Illinois Education Boards and recognised by California quality health assurance.
- Jackson Park Hospital in Chicago
- Harbour Hospital in Baltimore
- Bakersfield Heart Hospital, California
- Good Samaritan Hospital and Trinity Hospital, California
- Brooklyn Medical Centre
- Peninsula Hospital New York