Sonography is the use of high-frequency sound waves, also known as ultrasound, to observe the internal human body while echocardiography or vascular technologies are branches of diagnostic medical sonography. The Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist use imaging technology, to help physicians, diagnose cardiac (heart) and peripheral vascular (blood vessel) ailments in patients.
The program is geared to help students develop required theoretical and clinical competency in the field of echocardiography and vascular sonography. Upon graduation, students will possess the skills necessary to perform ultrasound and related diagnostic exams of the heart and blood vessels.
The Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist program at BizTech College is designed to provide clinical training with hands-on practice for echocardiography and vascular sonography. Our students are taught extensive didactic and practical curriculum in the following:
- Ethics and patient care
- Sonography principles and instrumentation
- Echocardiography and vascular principles
Our program has unique practical component to each didactic module and there is strong collaboration between didactic and clinical component.
1. Gain valuable experience through clinical placement
2. One of a kind program covering both echocardiographic and vascular competencies
3. High importance given to basic sciences component, which is lacking in most of the industry’s ultrasonography education that includes but not limited to:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Physical diagnosis
- Extensive lab component to teaching modules
Here at BizTech College of Health Sciences, Business and Technology, we are committed to our student success. Our mission is to create employer attractive incumbents by teaching them relevant and comprehensive knowledge in their field of study. This not only fast-tracks the student towards graduation but also makes them highly valuable to employers.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Application Specialists
- Sonography Educators
- Medical Researchers
- Medical Technical Salesperson
- Managers/Supervisors in related fields
A medical profession or equivalent degree holder (Doctor, Registered Nurse, Dentist, etc.)
Post-secondary degree holder in sciences or High School graduates– (GPA of 3.0 or higher required in high school level Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Calculus), AND Pre-Medical Diploma of BizTech College
- Any of the following English Proficiency results:
A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 80 (internet based with no test below 20) – TOEFL code 9212,
Academic IELTS with an overall minimum score of 6.0 (with no single test score below 5.5).